October 22, 2020
At Pape Chevrolet we are working hard to provide a clean & safe environment for our customers and employees. We are in full compliance with the State of Maine's COVID-19 checklists. Precautions we are taking include:
- Wearing face Coverings within 6' of another person, or when moving throughout the building
- Social Distancing whenever possible
- Wearing gloves when handling customer's keys
- Plexiglass dividers at all desks & counters
- Sanitizing vehicles before & after service
If there's anything you think we could be doing better, please seek out a manager and let us know! Thank you for your continued support.
April 30th Update:
We have received permission from the State of Maine to reopen our showroom on Friday, May 1st. While it will be nice to have the doors unlocked and the lights back on, things are not going “back to normal.” The State has provided a COVID-19 Prevention Checklist, which we must comply with in order to stay open. These new guidelines are in place so we can provide a safe and sterile environment for our Customers and Employees.
We encourage you to visit our dealership if you are in need of service, parts, body work or a new/used vehicle. Before you visit, please consider the following guidelines:
- Don’t come in if you feel sick
- Maintain Physical Distance
- Please wear a face covering. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you.
- Limit who you come in with to just necessary people
- If coming in for service or a trade appraisal, de-clutter your vehicle as much as possible to minimize staff contact with items inside the vehicle
Our staff is well-trained and prepared to provide an exceptional customer experience within the current guidelines. If at any time you feel we could be doing a better job, please seek out a manager and let us know. As always, we appreciate your understanding and patience. Thank you!
April 3, 2020
In accordance with the Governor's office, our Sales Department is open for phone, text, email and internet business only. Customers are welcome to visit our lot, but we cannot meet with you face to face on our property. Please call us at 775-6111 and we'll help out over the phone.
We can bring vehicles and paperwork to you, with your permission. If you find yourself in need of a new or used vehicle, we will do everything we can to help within the current guidelines. The safety of our Customers and Employees is our number one priority. Thank you all for understanding!
March 26, 2020
Our Service, Parts and Body Shop have all been deemed "essential" by the State of Maine, and will remain open. Safety is our number one concern, and we will continue our sanitary and social distancing practices to ensure that our Customers and Employees are comfortable. To set an appointment, call us at 207-775-6111.
Our Sales Department is also open for business; we just cannot physically host customers in our showroom. We can still conduct business via phone or email. We are also allowed to bring vehicles to our customers as long as we are responsible about social distancing. If you are on our lot, call us at 207-775-6111 and we'll be happy to come out and assist any way we can.
If you are in need of a vehicle during these uncertain times, we are available to help you out in a safe and comfortable manner. We will be as flexible as possible within the current guidelines.
We can be reached at 207-775-6111 or via the web at PapeChevrolet.com. Thank you for your patience, and stay safe!
March 22, 2020
An update from Pape Chevrolet:
As COVID-19 continues to spread, we are constantly sanitizing and exercising extreme caution to keep our Customers and Employees safe. We have removed all magazines and children’s toys from our waiting areas. All touch points are being sanitized multiple times daily, and our outside cleaning service is on site every night as well.
On Tuesday March 24th, SERVPRO of Portland will be at our facilities in full force, doing a deep clean. This is strictly precautionary, and it is something we plan to do regularly until the community spread of COVID-19 has subsided. We may close early on Tuesday in preparation, so stay tuned for more information in the coming days.
As long as the situation allows, we plan to stay open and take care of our customers’ service and sales needs. Thank you to EVERYONE out there for doing your part in “flattening the curve” and helping to slow the spread of COVID-19.
March 18, 2020
We are committed to keeping our Customers, Vendors and Employees safe. During these uncertain times, we have been doing our part to help slow the rapid spread of COVID-19. All of our locations are cleaned and sanitized on a nightly basis by a professional cleaning company. During work hours, our employees will continue to practice Social Distancing whenever possible, which includes avoiding all physical contact with customers and each other. Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout our facilities, and we will continue to wipe down common surfaces frequently throughout the day. In addition to these ongoing practices, we have also implemented the following measures:
- All vehicles that are driven by Pape Customers or Employees (test drives, loans, dealer swaps, etc) will be thoroughly wiped down after each use.
- Our Service Shuttles will be equipped with hand sanitizer, and the surfaces will be wiped down by our driver after every ride.
- Our Service Technicians will wear gloves whenever handling a Customer’s keys, or when driving/working on a vehicle.
- Any employee exhibiting possible symptoms of the virus will be asked to stay home and exercise caution, as will any employees who have recently traveled.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Fred W. Pape III